Privacy Notice – Outline
This Privacy Notice outlines what personal information I collect about you, how I collect it, and how it is used and stored.
Information I Collect
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your contact and other information you may provide when booking any appointments by email or telephone.
- Information about your personal situation, gathered for the purpose of providing the therapy services you require. This information is collected during conversation in the sessions.
- Therapy or coaching session notes. These are kept in a locked filing cabinet in an office that has a pass code entry system.
- Information from surveys that I may use for quality improvement purposes. These are voluntary and you do not have to respond to them.
How Your Data will be Used
Your data may be used for:
- Email appointment confirmations or text reminders, to help you remember your appointments.
- Accounting and billing. I do not use card readers. All financial data is exclusively handled via PayPal.
- Emailing you about changes to our service.
- Occasional newsletters and marketing promotions. This will only be applicable if you have opted in to such communications. You can also opt out at any time via an unsubscribe link in any marketing emails from us or by emailing email@example.com
All therapy and coaching interactions with me are private and confidential. I ensure that:
- Electronic information is safely stored and GDPR compliant. Access to this data is accessible only by me. All electronic devices are password protected, and known only by me.
- Hand written therapy or coaching session notes. These are kept in a locked filing cabinet in an office that has a pass code entry system.
Will Your Data be Shared with Anyone?
- I will not share your data unless you request me to do so. (There may be some legal exception, please see long hand version below). I currently use the following GDPR compliant third party companies to process areas of our business.
- SmarterMail Enterprise and Email Poet for email communication and newsletter distribution, so your name and email address may be saved on their server.
- PayPal to process payments. Your details may be stored by them to show record of your payment.
- Facebook if you write on my page.
How Long Will Your Data be Retained?
- Your electronic data will be stored until you opt out and request it to be removed. I do clear data is out of date and no longer required. Treatment notes have to be kept for 7 years after your last treatment.
Who is Responsible for Data Protection?
- I, Nina Vinther, am responsible for data protection. If you have any concerns about how I handle your data, please contact me on. If you are not satisfied with my response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the ICO.